GlowCode v10 Features
- GlowCode 10.0 Build 1002.1 improves the help system, and supports Windows Server 2016 and Visual Studio 2017,.
- GlowCode 10.0 Build 1002 improves support for Windows Server 2012 R2.
- GlowCode 10.0 Build 1001 supports Windows 10.
- GlowCode 9.2 Build 3005 improves saving of stackTrace symbolic names.
- GlowCode 9.2 Build 3004 supports Visual Studio 2015, Windows 10.
- GlowCode 9.2 Build 3003 launches larger target applications.
- GlowCode 9.1 Build 3002 supports Visual Studio 2013, Windows 8.1, .NET 4.5.1.
- GlowCode 9.1 Build 3002 attaches to 64-bit services.
- GlowCode 9.0 Build 3001 supports Visual Studio 2012.
- GlowCode 9.0 Build 3000 supports Windows 8.
- GlowCode 9.0 Build 2007 enhances performance, particularly for code built with VS 2010.
- GlowCode 8.2 Build 2006 profiles ASP.NET applications hosted in Web Development Server, introduces "peek" to easily specify targets with complex arguments, and enhances GlowCode project management.
- GlowCode 8.1 Build 2005 profiles fibers.
- GlowCode 8.0 Build 2004 streamlines the user interface.
- GlowCode 8.0 Build 2002 adds byte counting to Caller/Callee Details view.
- GlowCode 8.0 Build 2001 reports per-function memory allocations in bytes.
- GlowCode 8.0 Build 2000 presents user-selectable clock options, for example, to stop the clock during thread suspension.
- GlowCode 8.0 Build 2000 presents CLR Object Snapshot Diffs for managed code.
- GlowCode 8.0 Build 2000 enhances managed code profiling.
- GlowCode 7.2 Build 1099 supports Visual Studio 2010 and .NET Framework 4.
- GlowCode 7.2 Build 1098 saves window and column settings with GlowCode project, and provides Detailed Function data in saved/loaded view.
- GlowCode 7.2 Build 1097 enhances 64-bit profiling significantly.
- GlowCode 7.2 allows you to exclude wait time and sleep time from profile results data. See the slider bar in GlowCode Profiling Controller > Running.
- GlowCode 7.1 presents Function Details, also known as aggregated call tree data, showing all callers and callees of the Detailed Function.
- Profiles 64-bit applications, as well as 32-bit applications.
- Provides stack traces for all tracked resources.
- Summarizes, in bytes, memory allocations for each execution code path. This pinpoints the code path which has allocated the most memory. Per StackTrace ID, see new datasets: Current/Allocated/Freed Bytes.
- File save/retrieve is 10 times faster.
- Memory use is reduced by half.
- Supports profiling of Symbian applications running in a Windows emulator.
- Summarizes memory leaks which stem from a shared execution node.
- Supports automation: Control GlowCode programmatically through a Java script, VB script, C# program, and more.
- Introduces new user interface for instrumenting native code.
- Exports to XML, CSV, and optimized CSV.
- Profiles native and managed code, within one GlowCode product. GlowCode 6 is the upgrade path for both GlowCode 5.1 and GlowCode.NET.
- Profiles any language available in the .NET Framework, including C#, V.NET, and managed C++.
- Manages multiple GlowCode projects for each profiled application.
- Profiles and sorts even faster than previous versions.
- Runs independently of your target application.
- Reports more results data, including time as percentages.
- Provides easy data access and navigation, incorporating GlowCode 5.1 reViewer data into the main windows.
- Extends native profiling features, including user-selected instrumentation and triggers, to managed code.
- Saves hook definitions.
- Extends heap leak detection to DLLs which are statically linked to the C-Runtime.
- Optionally filters out functions which are already highly optimized, and called very frequently.
- Gives the user 6-level control of hook safety.
- Scales up to the largest CAD applications.
- Rapidly isolates performance bottlenecks; identifies the slowest functions and those called most frequently.
- Detects memory leaks, excess object allocations, unnecessary object boxing, and loitering objects.
- Filters data, to focus on the user-selected context.
- Displays summary views of functions, the managed heap, and native memory.
- Displays hierarchical views of your program's execution, for a time-aware overview of your program's execution.
- Displays a real-time sequential view of your program's execution.
- Reports data real-time, with options to save and re-load.
- Recursively searches heap and static memory for unreferenced heap allocations.
- Inserts checkpoints, for time-narrowed view of memory allocations.
GlowCode is created by Electric Software, Inc.,
developer of award-winning PC and Windows software.
Copyright ©1997-2018 Electric Software, Inc.